I Only Tweet Now

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Char Char Char! KEOW TEOW !

Hello folks!

Do you all know what it feels like when you have tasted something heavenly? Something SOOO tasty that you can't even talk, you only focus on the taste, the smell, the spice,and every little specific chew and bite you take, is love. Pure love. It stimulates your tongue, even the senseless teeth tells you that you are biting something soooo delicious that you send sparks into your brains, your body's nervous system come to a complete entire halt, only your tongue is doing the tasting..

ahh..


charkeowteow..

I've roamed around Malaysia, trying to look for the best of all BESTEST Charkeowteow's that I can find, they say the legend started in Penang, where Charkeowteow was born and bred, and to master the finest way to cook it, is a task as daunting as how David can overcome Goliath.lol.


okay enough with the nonsense.


The moment I reached Penang, I ordered a few plates of charkeowteow throughout my time there. The following are the ones that are really up to par! haha. However, basically, Every plate was love. =) Here are my personal ratings of em.lol



First I tried when I reached Penang
Big Prawns, Tasty, and Chai Po!
Typical Penang Charkeowteow
Located at Jalan Chulia, near Love Lane - 8/10


Located at Stall 65
Gurney Food Court CharKeowTeow - 6/10
Remarks : Put too much of lap chiong, kills the taste bit



Gurney Food Court - "Best Penang CharKeowTeow"
5/10
Didn't really live up to its name of Best in Penang



Kek Lok Si Charkeoteow located near the famous asam laksa
9/10 - This one is really good. Taste to believe!



Okay this version is Kampar Charkeowteow, located at Kampar Food Court
The man sits down to fry cz heat source comes from a charcoal fire.
NO OIL - VERY HEALTHY!
healthy being not salty too, which kills off every taste - 5/10



I believe, and can ASSURE AHH!! there are EVEN better ones, I've yet to try the lady who operates in a moving tricycle. It's featured somewhere on the TV. Soon, I will taste it! =)
I guess I'll blog about OH CHIEN (fried oyster) soon, but I can tell you the best is still Malacca's very own Bunga Raya Oh Chien !




zcribbled,

No comments:

Post a Comment